Found a Vintage Sterling Silver Opal Ring with 2 Small Diamonds.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a really cool ring today. It's Sterling silver with an opal in the middle and a small diamond on each side of the stone. I think the diamonds are real because it seems to be a high quality ring. It's a very large ring, probably a size 10 or 10 1/2. Pretty big for a woman's ring!

The inside of the band is stamped "925" and also has the letter "S" in a circle. I did some research and it appears to be made by the George O. Street & Sons jewelry company. This company was located in New York from 1837 until around 1950, when they went out of business.

Also found $2.39 in clad. Not bad, but it's pretty sad when you dig 47 coins and it only adds up to $2.39! I did find a 1951 wheatie, so that's not a bad day at all.

Here's a few pics:

DSC06438.JPG DSC06443.JPG DSC06447.JPG DSC06445.JPG

Upvote 31

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm actually in this for the hobby --yes ive sold stuff over the yrs because ive needed to...but I still have over 100 gold rings- most are from early 1900s late 1800s and bunch of older silver
Ive been in hobby since 1975 at age 12 - first 20 yrs I was mainly a land hunter - last 20 I'm mostly a water hunter - I could kill it with newer gold & silver by hitting popular and new beaches - but I don't = I hit older spots from the early 1900s era mostly - I know Scubadetector also hits early sites that aren't used anymore - so we get stuff like pre 1940s fo rthe most part - other than fishing stuff - we get old collectibles and relics along with the older jewelry so we can sometimes give insight to other hunters when they get something out of the ordinary - many people here will refer others to contact him or I if they cant find on internet. If I haven't found one - (since ive been on forums for yrs and have many friends that hunt) - I probably know someone who has
believe me - I'm not in this to make a buck - I know many that are - I could be going out and finding gold rings but of late because old fields are being plowed - I out looking for colonial musketballs and buttons - just because its fun - but most times seems like work the way I feel when I get home
keep up the good work...good fun :thumbsup:

I didn't realize that a George Street ring had any value. Just thought it was a cool ring and the Street hallmark looked like a match. Not looking to sell it and I don't care what it's worth. You two boys need to realize that some people just metal detect for the fun of it and not looking to make a buck off of it.

But to me, it doesn't look like the Somers hallmark you posted...

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations, that is a very nice ring. Don't fret over the clad. It is what it is. I got 151 coins last Saturday, 108 were pennies. But pennyland is where gold hides.

My gold always seems to hide in nickelland...

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
That is an awesome ring! I sure do like opals....they are sooo pretty! Congratulations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread