Found an area where someone used to like to shoot.

MountainDewed

Oct 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what the pointy thing is but is made out of lead. I believe a couple-three mangled bullets. Shotgun shells are either from the 50-60's, also I found a couple from 1890(UMC co. New Club) And I believe the fired rifle round is a 6mm Lee Navy and the non fired is Mauser rifle from 1895 or so. The headstamp on the Mauser is 18 d.m. 94 k or it could be a Des Moine company used for WWII but I found more reference pointing toward Mauser. Oh, the other casing I believe is modern(could be wrong) .45, but saw it laying on top a dirt road.

Just looked again, the .45 is 44(oops,not .45) S&w spl and might be old also?

WP_20151018_20_33_56_Pro[2].jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You sure did. Stay at it, coins will come.

OP
OP
M

MountainDewed

Oct 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like finding old stuff, don't care if valuable or not(well... :tongue3:). I have realized after 5 or so trips that I remember always like looking at coins and will enjoy finding them when they come but anything old is cool to find and think about the history on it...

If anyone ever worked with sheep(type farm animals), is it possible that pointy deal is part of an animal trimmer? All I could find close to it so far. This area used to be farmland in the 50's

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your live round is German, made in 1894 at Deutsche Waffen-u. Munitionsfabriken A.-G., , Früher Lorenz , Karlsruhe, Germany, Could be for the Gewehr 88 rifle. Neat find!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Stuff, Always Keep those old shotgun shells.
I hope some day they will become "collectible" to a larger population. Plus they are the Oldest things new Hunters can find on a consistent basis.... Heck I save mine now.

I also like to find Unfired Bullets as well , IMO they look cool in a Display of them.
HH
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread