What's new

found canadian silver dimes

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
i didn't dig these, found them in circulation last month.

1960
1962
1963
1967
1968 (7)

Amc
 

Attachments

  • canadian 10 cent.webp
    canadian 10 cent.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 243
Hi there AMC, I don't want to appear stupid, but are these Canadian coins worth more than face value? As far as I know most of them have steel in them so it doesn't seem like they would be worth much as silver. Try a magnet on them. Maybe they are old enough that it makes a difference. During the winter I was reading the CRH thread and some of the posts mentioned finding some of them too. I am new at this metal detecting and coin values so have been wondering what to look for in a Canadian coin. With them being magnetic it seems like that would drop the value. Living just west of Port Huron, which is just across the beautiful St Clair River from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, I see a lot of their coins.
 
Hi Karen, 1920-1967 dimes, quarters and halves are 80% silver content.
1968 are 50% silver.
Anything newer than that I just spend.

AMC
 
well, they only made silver 1968 canadian dimes half the year. the other half was normal- you need a magnet to check the 68's

HH
-GC
 
Hi, Ray here, Thanks guys for the info. Happy hunting. karenray08
 
goldencoin said:
well, they only made silver 1968 canadian dimes half the year. the other half was normal- you need a magnet to check the 68's

HH
-GC
Yep GC you're right, all my '68 canadians stuck to the magnet. Oh well, back into the pocket change.

AMC
 
I never found a silver 68....someday, someday ::)

HH
-GC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom