What's new

Found first Gold nugget today......!

Its IMO that Serious Gold Hunting in Georgia is a Costly Endeavor . & You need much more than a Detector.
Of course one can always find flakes, Or get Really Lucky like the OP.
Davers
 
That's because your chances are pretty low with a detector. Running a dredge or highbanker is almost a necessity if you want to find anything other than very small nuggets or flake. Our gold hunting club rents some prime property less than a mile from where the gold rush boom town of Auraria once stood. I've seen very few detector finds made on the property. Bearkat has a nice find, but I doubt he will be that lucky again anytime soon with a detector. Please prove me wrong and I'll put my foot in my mouth....

Stan

Stan,
what club do you belong to?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom