found recently

searcher

Oct 4, 2004
The arrow on the map.
Detector(s) used
My children and a good stick.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres some of the stuff i've found. some of this was found at an old cavalry camp, others on my place...etc
1: a few arrow heads
2: .45/70 rimfire rifle brass, a couple buckles, brass harness rivets, steel pill box, fork, brass door striker plate.
3: 4: iron concretion. find these without md most of the time when i'm point hunting
5:6:7: i'm not sure, i thought i was an iron concretion, but it's too smooth....?
UPDATE; Hematite for sure, and I've have found a lot more since.
8: handmade spur i found on my place... other stuff
9: 10: brooch..? i think it's glass, silver mounted though!!
11: 12: chauffeurs badge my sister found on her first md trip with me. she couldn't pinpoint it, dig it up. so its half mine right?
13: i think it's a quarter plug. was really corroded when i found it.
HOPE THE PHOTOS WORK THIS TIME
H.H. searcher

Attachments

• stuff i foundX.jpg
    stuff i foundX.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 860
Last edited:
Upvote 0
NICE SELECTION THERE . WOW

Neat stuff. I like the brooch and the chauffeur badge. Keep posting pictures for us snowed in northerners.

Love 'em all Searcher, but just curious-#5-#7 looks silvery. Could they be melted slugs of silver? Keep posting. HH!

hey stoney 56
don't know. i found it on top of the ground. i think it might be part of a meteorite,but not sure. 5,6,7 are all the same object. 5,6 are the same side, 7 is the other side. it is heavy, dosen't sound like silver, but it's not magnetic so i'm baffled for now. it's 1&1/8 in long 5/8 in wide and 5/16in thick. not lead for sure. i need to take it in and see what it is...!

hey i just got todays finds cleaned, pictured, and posted.
rained me in! almost too muddy. in the 60s so it was good.
searcher

Looks like there was a lot of activity on your site. Keep looking!

lab rat said:
How heavy is your '5,6,7'?? Looks like a platinum nugget!? Or maybe lead...
its not lead or pewter. its very hard, like iron, but not magnetic. put it on a cheap scale, weighs about 3/16 of an ounce.
i took off a bit of edge to see if it was the same and it is, slightly shiny with little red/brown spots in it.
i have about an hours drive to any town of size. i plan to take it in sat. maybe someone can tell me more....?
might be platinum .... ??? isn't platinum usually found in sand were gold is found also?
when i rub it a bit on a sharpening stone it turns the stone red/brown?
searcher

the properties of the metal are a lot like the "nugget" I found. Let me know if ou find out what it is. JIM

yes!!! i think pjb hit the nail.... i've been real busy lately! thought about it, looked some stuff up, i also think it's hematite.
i dont know why it would be were i found it...?
thanks searcher

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back