What's new

Found Some Desert Silvers Today!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,869
Reaction score
47,405
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went detecting at a mine that I've driven past on my way to other places. By the cement foundations and more modern looking construction trash I didn't think I would find silver, but just felt like taking a look.
I had quickly filled my pouch up with clad, but then popped the merc! A short time later I popped the quarter, then the Rosie.
Ended up with about $4 in clad, two junk rings, a Hannibal pin, and a key fob from the famous Hotel Riviera (one of the first casinos built in Vegas and a favorite of the Rat Pack).

IMG_0940.webp
IMG_0941.webp
IMG_0942.webp


Everything is a bit on the rough side as the whole place is covered in tailing rock and has been driven on by Vegas partiers for many years.
 
Upvote 36
Kudos on the silver and other cool finds ... the Jason mask is quite a find, assuming that is what it is. Congratz!!
 
Congratulations on your idea to stop and take that look. It gave you some nice goodies!
 
I went detecting at a mine that I've driven past on my way to other places. By the cement foundations and more modern looking construction trash I didn't think I would find silver, but just felt like taking a look.
I had quickly filled my pouch up with clad, but then popped the merc! A short time later I popped the quarter, then the Rosie.
Ended up with about $4 in clad, two junk rings, a Hannibal pin, and a key fob from the famous Hotel Riviera (one of the first casinos built in Vegas and a favorite of the Rat Pack).

View attachment 2246171View attachment 2246172View attachment 2246173

Everything is a bit on the rough side as the whole place is covered in tailing rock and has been driven on by Vegas partiers for many years.
Good job, brother. It's always good to find silver, no matter if it's modern.
 
Very productive site and I'd definitely take a gamble and return to that site.
 
I went detecting at a mine that I've driven past on my way to other places. By the cement foundations and more modern looking construction trash I didn't think I would find silver, but just felt like taking a look.
I had quickly filled my pouch up with clad, but then popped the merc! A short time later I popped the quarter, then the Rosie.
Ended up with about $4 in clad, two junk rings, a Hannibal pin, and a key fob from the famous Hotel Riviera (one of the first casinos built in Vegas and a favorite of the Rat Pack).

View attachment 2246171View attachment 2246172View attachment 2246173

Everything is a bit on the rough side as the whole place is covered in tailing rock and has been driven on by Vegas partiers for many years.
Cool finds. What an odd thing for people to want to wear that Hannibal pin!
 
Nice job on those silvers and the rest of your finds !
 
OLdMX how did you come across the site ?
 
I went detecting at a mine that I've driven past on my way to other places. By the cement foundations and more modern looking construction trash I didn't think I would find silver, but just felt like taking a look.
I had quickly filled my pouch up with clad, but then popped the merc! A short time later I popped the quarter, then the Rosie.
Ended up with about $4 in clad, two junk rings, a Hannibal pin, and a key fob from the famous Hotel Riviera (one of the first casinos built in Vegas and a favorite of the Rat Pack).

View attachment 2246171View attachment 2246172View attachment 2246173

Everything is a bit on the rough side as the whole place is covered in tailing rock and has been driven on by Vegas partiers for many years.
Very nice hunt! Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom