What's new

Found Some More 1800's Coins

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
10,299
Reaction score
23,318
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
XP Deus 2
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back and did a couple of short, cleanup hunts at a few of the sites where I found Silver coins last month.
No Silver coins this time but I did manage to dig a few keepers.

Indian Cents -1865 - 1869 - 1882 - (the 1869 is a Semi-Key Date)
Wheat Cents - (6) - 1910 to 1957

Good Luck & Good Hunting !
 

Attachments

  • MAH - 8-5-26-A.webp
    MAH - 8-5-26-A.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 212
  • MAH - 8-5-26-B.webp
    MAH - 8-5-26-B.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 33
Went back and did a couple of short, cleanup hunts at a few of the sites where I found Silver coins last month.
No Silver coins this time but I did manage to dig a few keepers.

Indian Cents -1865 - 1869 - 1882 - (the 1869 is a Semi-Key Date)
Wheat Cents - (6) - 1910 to 1957

Good Luck & Good Hunting !
Some nice old Indians there E-Trac. I always find it interesting to return to an old , favorite site, and still find stuff that I missed the first few go-arounds. Nicely done.
 
Went back and did a couple of short, cleanup hunts at a few of the sites where I found Silver coins last month.
No Silver coins this time but I did manage to dig a few keepers.

Indian Cents -1865 - 1869 - 1882 - (the 1869 is a Semi-Key Date)
Wheat Cents - (6) - 1910 to 1957

Good Luck & Good Hunting !
Very Nice!!
 
Wow, I love all those Indians you guys find! They didn't use them much out west, everything was too expensive I guess.
Anyway, congrats!
Yes, we do find a lot of Indian Cents in our part of the country - it's always a thrill to find them.
We are also in a good area for Large Cents - since L.C.'s were only minted till 1857 it seems that not that many of them made it out West.
On the other hand - it looks like a larger percentage of Gold coins are found in the Western US.
 
Yes, we do find a lot of Indian Cents in our part of the country - it's always a thrill to find them.
We are also in a good area for Large Cents - since L.C.'s were only minted till 1857 it seems that not that many of them made it out West.
On the other hand - it looks like a larger percentage of Gold coins are found in the Western US.
Still looking for my first! I was with @Conito@55 when he found his second and third, both $5 coins, so I know they're out there!
 
Went back and did a couple of short, cleanup hunts at a few of the sites where I found Silver coins last month.
No Silver coins this time but I did manage to dig a few keepers.

Indian Cents -1865 - 1869 - 1882 - (the 1869 is a Semi-Key Date)
Wheat Cents - (6) - 1910 to 1957

Good Luck & Good Hunting !
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom