What's new

Found some neat old silver today...

Jim C.

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2007
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
I started the day at a old home of a guy I work with. Didn't find nothing but the old Jackson bank token there. Which was pretty cool. After that place I went to the old Hillsdale fairgrounds and found some goodies. I usually hit the place at least once a year. I seem to manage to find some good stuff when I go there. Its been hit hard over the years and the finds are few and far between but are worth the work.
 

Attachments

  • 040508.webp
    040508.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 248
  • 0405081.webp
    0405081.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 0405082.webp
    0405082.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 0405085.webp
    0405085.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 0405086.webp
    0405086.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 0405084.webp
    0405084.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 242
Beautiful silver. How old is the fairground? Drop me a line if you ever come up Flint way. Bongo
 
Those are great Jim, I've been by the fairgrounds a hundred times in my travels, always wondered about that place...have you ever tried the park off Bacon? It looks to be old.
-Duane
 
Thanks, it dates back to 1850s. I'll drop you a line if I ever head up that way. Jim

bongo1962 said:
Beautiful silver. How old is the fairground? Drop me a line if you ever come up Flint way. Bongo
 
Is that the park behind that cool old house/factory looking place? If so, then yes I detected that place only one time. If I remember right I found a mercury dime there.

amc rulz said:
Those are great Jim, I've been by the fairgrounds a hundred times in my travels, always wondered about that place...have you ever tried the park off Bacon? It looks to be old.
-Duane
 
Those are some fantastic finds...Looks like you might pull more from that site! Congrats!
 
Those are some great coins Jim; congrats on a successful hunt!
 
Great Silvers Jim !!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: I've yet to find a half dime yet, neat bank token for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom