What's new

Found Spanish silver. Help with ID please.

Mr. Digger

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2014
Messages
724
Reaction score
2,001
Golden Thread
1
Location
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found Spanish silver today, but I wasn't detecting. I was organizing a pile of miscellaneous foreign coins I have, most of which had been given to me by my grandmother years ago. They are predominantly modern day coins from her trips to various places. But one very small coin stood out and I took a closer look. It's a holed 1822 Spanish silver. I'm having trouble getting the proper ID on the Internet. Is this a 1/2 Real? It's tiny. Where was it minted? Thanks for any help on the ID.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2191.webp
    IMG_2191.webp
    553.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2192.webp
    IMG_2192.webp
    681.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2193.webp
    IMG_2193.webp
    954.8 KB · Views: 118
No expert but, it looks like the real deal reale to me. Nice find in the inheritance coin collection.:headbang:
 
Looks like 1822 Bolivia minted Half Real to me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom