✅ SOLVED Found this today hunting an in town house site.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Puzzled
2F000F39-C682-44C7-A706-5EAF3A8E993A.jpeg
6205C0EE-B7BF-4C5A-88F9-47FE37ED3071.jpeg

OP
OP
Merf

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the remains of an Eastlake drop-type drawer pull
Good id creskol. Thank you. Found this site that sells hundreds of them. some are worth a few bucks.

Cast Backplate Ring and Drop Pulls 1850-1915

Upvote 3

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am voting for drawer pull. The decorative part would go on the outside of the drawer to hold it in place

Upvote 2

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 4

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think it's the top of a hanging kerosene or oil lamp. The glass shade would be to the right of the decorative part.
My first thought exactly Fourman. :thumbsup:
But I'm thinking more along the lines of a late-Victorian or Eastlake-style type of hanger for either a gas or electric lamp.

The Eastlake movement was a nineteenth-century architectural and household design reform movement started by British architect and writer Charles Eastlake (1836–1906). The movement is generally considered part of the late Victorian period in terms of broad antique furniture designations.

Dave

Upvote 1

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
My first thought exactly Fourman. :thumbsup:
But I'm thinking more along the lines of a late-Victorian or Eastlake-style type of hanger for either a gas or electric lamp.

The Eastlake movement was a nineteenth-century architectural and household design reform movement started by British architect and writer Charles Eastlake (1836–1906). The movement is generally considered part of the late Victorian period in terms of broad antique furniture designations.

Dave
Interesting .. Did they make such a thing that would be articulated in that fashion? I always thought that lamp hangers were designed for multi directional motion.

Upvote 1

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pepper i said intermediate steering shaft that is just a small section of the steering shaft were it goes through the fire wall were it has to change angles pepper I hope you do realize theres some times as many as 4 to 5 section to make up at steering shaft
Yes I fully realize that there are many sections of a steering assembly.
Though if one looks at the dimensions of the find 4" in length-now look at what the width of the shaft-1/4"-3/8".

I have no idea when the first intermediate steering shaft section was invented/installed in a vehicle.
Maybe since you are mechanically inclined you could provide an answer for that one.

But I will say this if any part of a steering shaft was only a 1/4" thick it wouldn't be very strong.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread