What's new

Found today at a field site

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The large coin is a mystery to me. It was green so I tumbled it with a little vinegar to see the detail. The pieces of clay pipe were laying on top of the soil.
IMG_0448.webp
IMG_0449.webp
 
Upvote 21
I can't say for sure, but the 1st picture of your copper kind of resembles the reverse of an Irish Hibernia copper (upside down in the first picture). I could very well be wrong. The harp looks a bit different but the letters seem to line up.

1772720370266.webp
 
I can't say for sure, but the 1st picture of your copper kind of resembles the reverse of an Irish Hibernia copper (upside down in the first picture). I could very well be wrong. The harp looks a bit different but the letters seem to line up.

View attachment 2246425
Thanks Grasshopper, you may be right. Looks close
 
Thanks Grasshopper, you may be right. Looks close
Better pics of the other side showed a couple of letters
IMG_0454.webp
IMG_0453.webp
IMG_0452.webp
 
GREAT FINDS !!! Thanks for sharing with us. What camera did you use. The pictures are very nice also
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom