Found Two 1800s IHCs and Two Silver Rosies! Good Day!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found Two 1800's IHC's and Two Silver Rosies! Good Day!

It was only around 35 degrees out today, but it was sunny. The ground is still soft from all the rain we had a couple of days ago, so I had to give it a shot. Only lasted about 1 1/2 hours, but I got 4 good coins. Pulled out two Indians, a toasted 1884 and a decent 1898. Also got two silver Rosies, a 1946 and a 1952. Not bad for February!

Here's a few pics:

1884 ihc front.JPG1884 IHC front.JPG1898 ihc front.JPG1898 ihc front.JPG1946 rosie front.JPG1946 rosie front.JPG1952 rosie front.JPG1952 rosie front.JPG

Upvote 16
Nice old coin recoveries, Congratulations!

It was only around 35 degrees out today, but it was sunny. The ground is still soft from all the rain we had a couple of days ago, so I had to give it a shot. Only lasted about 1 1/2 hours, but I got 4 good coins. Pulled out two Indians, a toasted 1884 and a decent 1898. Also got two silver Rosies, a 1946 and a 1952. Not bad for February!

Here's a few pics:

View attachment 1274572View attachment 1274573View attachment 1274574View attachment 1274575View attachment 1274576View attachment 1274577View attachment 1274578View attachment 1274579
very nice finds

50 degrees here this weeken hope kids give me a chance to get out Awesome find!!!!

Nice finds Tim.only coin I got today was a Lincoln,and it is just about shot,If it was a IH it wouldn't of had a chance in this ground lol.Nice ones!

Congrats on getting out and digging those keepers. :occasion14: It's suppose to be low 60's Saturday, it may be too muddy to field hunt, but I have a few sites in mind that still have some potential

Nice finds FreeBird! If you can dig in RI, I should be able to dig in Mass- might have to dust off the machine this weekend- supposed to be 50 Sunday! Congrats and continued good luck to you!

-- Jeff --

Good job with the silvers and ihp's always a welcome sight. Wooded areas here in northern RI not frozen but fields and yards still a bit hard. This weekend should help thawing out ground. I plan on going back to front yard permission that gave me a LC (1819) and IHP before the last snow came and ruined the fun!

Thanks, guys! I was surprised the ground was soft, since it went down to 20 degrees last night. But the rain really helped eliminate all the frost around here. I'll rest up on Friday and hit this spot again over the weekend.

So far, I've found 3 IHC's, 3 Rosies, a 1949 Washington and a 1941 Walker at this old baseball field. Safe to say that this spot hasn't been detected much over the years!

Nice!!!!!!!!!! Well Played Sir!!

Yesterday was nice and soft in the sun. (Northern CT) I have a small window to sneak out this morning from 10-1130 but temps dropped a little too cool last night - still hard even with this sun. This afternoon should be good tho!! HH!

Congratz on being able to get out swinging and on 4 great coins!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back