What's new

Found what may be a decent E-series coil deal on Craigslist.

bottlebum

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
590
Reaction score
454
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if posting Craigslist links is allowed as I couldn't find any rule against it. Ran across this ad, this morning and thought it would be a good deal for an E-Series detector user. Especially if the 14" has never been used in the water. Minelab 10" and 14" coil for e-series detectors
 
FYI, the Ad says the insulation on the 14" is falling off, once it starts it continues up and down the cable. Doesn't show bottom of coils to see if there is any delamination either...

DT2016
 
Last edited:
FYI, the Ad says the insulation on the 14" is falling off, once it starts it continues up and down the cable. Doesn't show bottom of coils to see if there is any delamination either...

DT2016

Yeah, I am aware of that, but I've seen where some guys are, successfully, replacing the cables on those coils. I figured that just the stock coil was worth the asking price? Would definitely want to call for details before buying though.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I am aware of that, but I've seen where some guys are, successfully, replacing the cables on those coils. I figured that just the stock coil was worth the asking price? Would definitely want to call for details before buying though.
You can't replace cable, it is part of windings soldered in the actual coil then resin is pored over the soldering. You can cut and splice cable but it adds resistance or cover the wires with electrical tape or spray on plasti-dip. The strain relief on coik is not a connection, it is just to protect the cable from stress.


DT2016
 
Last edited:
You can't replace cable, it is part of windings soldered in the actual coil then resin is pored over the soldering. You can cut and splice cable but it adds resistance or cover the wires with electrical tape or spray on plasti-dip. The strain relief on coik is not a connection, it is just to protect the cable from stress..

Signature ---> Trump 2016!
For some reason, I was thinking that there was an inline electrical component located inside of all BBS/FBS coils that the external cable attached/soldered to. Not sure where I got that from, but after searching, I found out that the cable replacement procedures that I was thinking about did indeed involve cutting and splicing. My bad ....
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom