founds 2 war nickels

jailbirdjackson

May 5, 2016
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm back to hunting nickels after a few months off. I average 1 war nickel and 1 buffalo nickel per box. My latest box I got 2 war nickels. Found them in the next to last roll. I thought I was gonna get skunked. I've been hunting only long enough to find 20 war nickels, so not too long. I really enjoy doing nickels even though there isn't much profit in it. It's just the fun of collecting for me.

Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a pretty good average. Seems like I was getting one buffalo every two boxes and around 1 war nickel per box, although I never kept good stats. I always enjoyed hunting nickel boxes and started a CRH Jefferson book. I was scared of dimes because of the stories on here about machines shorting count. I didn’t feel that the payout on half boxes was worth the trouble, and I’m not a masochist so I never bought a quarter box. I did a few boxes of cents, but there are so many varieties that I quickly gave that up. Nickel boxes were my favorite... found a lot of interesting foreign coins too. Good luck.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
J

jailbirdjackson

May 5, 2016
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started a Jefferson book too, buffalo book also. Jefferson book is stuck trying to find the last few, maybe 10 missing.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice 91467351bb2481cef8a5939106496170.jpg finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread