London, ON
FarmerChick said:
bartholomewroberts said:
FarmerChick said:
many countries pay more at the pumps
Austrailia someone posted was like $6 per gallon
Canada is in the $5s per gallon

moaning and groaning, as much as I do it too, doesn't help :laughing7:

You also have to remember that the Canuck gallon is 25% larger than the US gallon... Ie .. ours is 160 fl ounces... the US is 128 fl ounces. When that difference in volume is taken into account, the price difference is not all that far apart.

Cheers

Bartholomewroberts

I didn't know that....cool --thanks for giving me something new to learn :headbang:
If you're going to learn it, better learn it right - the Imperial Gallon is 20% larger than the US Gallon, because the US Fluid Ounce is larger than the Imperial Fluid Ounce (the US used the French wine ounce, while the Imperial is based on the British beer ounce).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gord said:
FarmerChick said:
bartholomewroberts said:
FarmerChick said:

You also have to remember that the Canuck gallon is 25% larger than the US gallon... Ie .. ours is 160 fl ounces... the US is 128 fl ounces. When that difference in volume is taken into account, the price difference is not all that far apart.

Cheers

Bartholomewroberts

I didn't know that....cool --thanks for giving me something new to learn :headbang:
If you're going to learn it, better learn it right - the Imperial Gallon is 20% larger than the US Gallon, because the US Fluid Ounce is larger than the Imperial Fluid Ounce (the US used the French wine ounce, while the Imperial is based on the British beer ounce).

I'm from the 60's an ounce was 5 fingers..... ;D

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gord said:
FarmerChick said:
bartholomewroberts said:
FarmerChick said:

Cheers

Bartholomewroberts

As near as I can figure, the Canuck gallon is 25% larger. 160 ounces minus 128 ounces equals 32 ounces. 32 divided by 128 times 100% equals 25% Unless we take it from the Canuck perspective.. then it is 32 divided by 160 times 100%.... then it is 20%.

Either way, our gallon is 32 ounces larger... or if you wish metric one US gallon equals 3.78 litres.... one Canuck gallon equals 4.54 litres.

Cheers

Bartholomewroberts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread