Framed Rugged Metal Shape of Alaska with Etching - Artist ID?

Gold_Hunter

Dec 31, 2013
WY
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I kinda know what this is...obviously it is Alaska. But I have no clue what type of art category this falls into. And I have no idea who the artist is, although I can make out "MCO '90 or MEO '90" on the bottom right corner (pictured). Oh yea, forgot to mention this this is HEAVY! 13 lbs on my digital scale!

Any ideas on who the artist is? Or ever seen anything like this?

DSCF4107.JPG DSCF4106.JPG DSCF4108.JPG DSCF4109.JPG DSCF4110.JPG DSCF4111.JPG DSCF4112.JPG DSCF4113.JPG DSCF4114.JPG

JonG

Feb 1, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen a couple of these when I was in Kenai, AK. It's a silhouette of the state of Alaska cut out of a piece of the Alaska Pipeline. Yours looks to be associated with BP (British Petroleum) , who's pretty famous for an oil spill up on the North Shore back in 2006.

Cool piece!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gold_Hunter

Dec 31, 2013
WY
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've seen a couple of these when I was in Kenai, AK. It's a silhouette of the state of Alaska cut out of a piece of the Alaska Pipeline. Yours looks to be associated with BP (British Petroleum) , who's pretty famous for an oil spill up on the North Shore back in 2006.

Cool piece!

Thank you for giving me more information! Do you remember what they were going for back when you were in Kenai?

Upvote 0

JonG

Feb 1, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was back in 1995, and they were in the $200-$250 range. They were about 2 foot from top to bottom. One shop owner said they were cheap because that was the only way he could sell them due to the cost of shipping.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread