What's new

From a B-24 crash site sout Italy

Matteo La Boccia

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2007
Messages
292
Reaction score
220
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some fragments from a B-24 crash site in south Italy. Some idea about fragments and some infos about crew? Thanks!

B-24 40236 (376th BG, 513th BS) shot down by Fw. Heinrich Steis in Bf 109G-6 of JG 27/4. near Potenza, Italy Jul 16, 1943.
6 KIA, 4 POW. MACR 184

Fragments:

dvc01335.jpg


dvc01330.jpg


dvc01331.jpg


dvc01332.jpg


dvc01333.jpg


dvc01334.jpg
 
Upvote 6
Just another tidbit about my Uncle Eddie. His favorite song was "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes". My mother told me this and I never forgot. I do not know what version though, I assume it would be an early one. To me there is irony about this, considering his B-24 being hit. How smoke can represent love and something so tragic is poetic.

Mary Anne
 
Just another tidbit about my Uncle Eddie. His favorite song was "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes". My mother told me this and I never forgot. I do not know what version though, I assume it would be an early one. To me there is irony about this, considering his B-24 being hit. How smoke can represent love and something so tragic is poetic.

Mary Anne

I don't know the meaning of the song as I prefer the jazz recordings of it, but it seems that your Uncle Eddie had good taste in music too!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom