What's new

From the bowels of the coin sorter machine today

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
4,509
Reaction score
10,490
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The very nice bank clerk allowed me access today and allowed me to take what rejected coins there were....no silver....yet...but I'll keep at it.
 

Attachments

  • 20260909_193146.webp
    20260909_193146.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
Got to like very nice tellers, well done 👏
It's quite a contrast to the credit union people in my area....they always seemed alittle put out when emptying the machine...the Salem five tellers jump right to it...
 
The very nice bank clerk allowed me access today and allowed me to take what rejected coins there were....no silver....yet...but I'll keep at it.
I take it that this was the internal reject tray.

If so, with the exception of the Canadian dime and beat-up U.S. quarter, all the coins appeared to be perfectly normal current U.S. coins.

Question : how did they get into the reject tray? Too many coins at once overloading the machine?
 
I take it that this was the internal reject tray.

If so, with the exception of the Canadian dime and beat-up U.S. quarter, all the coins appeared to be perfectly normal current U.S. coins.

Question : how did they get into the reject tray? Too many coins at once overloading the machine?
You are correct sir! Think Carson/McMahon :)
My guess is that the sorter gets overwhelmed and some coins end up there. I pulled an earring and a bullet out awhile back...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom