What's new

GARRETT 2500GTI

The Master Chief

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2005
Messages
490
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if there is someone out there that can give me some advice on how to set my detector when i am in the desert. I have my sensitivity set at 8 threshhold set 7.5 and I still get the annoying rattle of finding something huge. and rejectful It basically gets me away from the spot. Now over regular dirt there is not a problem. But if i go over like the driveway of my house it goes carzy because of the metal underneath. Any help with this would be highly appreciated. Thanks Kevin
 
Hi Kevin, if you have a large piece of metal/ wire mesh under drive way, you will get an overload signal on the GTI.
I'm not sure, but I think most detectors do this.
I've never tried desert condition yet, maybe turn down the sensitivity & or try a DD coil.
If you go to the Garrett forum, some one there may have your answer.

David
 
Lift the coil to avoid the mesh.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom