garrett AT-PRO coil?!?!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldn’t wait even though it is 90+ degrees outside today. I took the NEL 15” Attack coil on my AT PRO and took it to a school that I did back in the late 70's that we took over 100 silver dimes off of it back then, mostly mercs. I also have used my Garrett Ace 350 and my AT PRO at this same school. My friend and I are going to go there Saturday morning and give it a really good first test. Tonight I only tested it for 15 minutes on a side field and found 2 dimes and a quarter all clad but all approx 5” deep. The dimes were low volume and hi ping repeatable sound. My goal is to go over the main field where all of the silver was found with my new coil and see how it does? I have not been able to find silver on this field with my other 2 detectors (cleaned out back in the day). I have a very good feeling after the short test tonight! It performs as advertized. It is so much more stable and quieter than the stock coils. I have both the 8.5 x 11" & the 5 x 8" PROformance DD search coils* for my AT PRO. Don’t get me wrong I love this detector I am just looking for that edge to get more depth out of a coil. I think I found it. It was quiet enough that I could run it at full sensitivity. The field is a low trash area which is perfect for this type of large coil. I do not think it will be good to use in a hi trash area (time will tell). This coil is so big you can cover a lot of ground very fast. I am very impressed so far. More to come :)
Gary from Oregon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread