Garrett GTI 2500 Pro - Eagle Eye Treasure Hound Metal Detector

Gator

Jun 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking about buying this metal detector. Any pros and cons would be appreciated or suggestions on other comparable makes and models. I also wanted to know about the battery life on one of these and any issues with using 8 AA batteries as compared to othe units with rechargeable batteries..

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will this be your first machine?

Some Pros:

It's a nice versatile detector with above average depth.

The sizing feature is nice as well although it has it's limitations as well as problem targets for the ID(soda cans, and similar larger round objects), but there are tricks to figure these out as well.

Fairly easy to learn well enough to utilize it quickly.

Cons:

It's a heavier machine to swing(does have battery pack mounting options however)

Depending on how and what you are using it for it is not quite the machine others in it's price range are, or even some below(you shouldn't be disappointed, it is a great all a rounder others are just better at certain things.)

The GTI 2500 was my first upper end machine and I loved it, I never regretted having it or using it.

At the time I am writing this there is a package deal in the Charter Member classifieds on one, which may save you some money as well.

Last edited:

Oye

Greenie
Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will this be your first machine?

Some Pros:

It's a nice versatile detector with above average depth.

The sizing feature is nice as well although it has it's limitations as well as problem targets for the ID(soda cans, and similar larger round objects), but there are tricks to figure these out as well.

Fairly easy to learn well enough to utilize it quickly.

Cons:

It's a heavier machine to swing(does have battery pack mounting options however)

Depending on how and what you are using it for it is not quite the machine others in it's price range are, or even some below(you shouldn't be disappointed, it is a great all a rounder others are just better at certain things.)

The GTI 2500 was my first upper end machine and I loved it, I never regretted having it or using it.

At the time I am writing this there is a package deal in the Charter Member classifieds on one, which may save you some money as well.
Hello Hosensack. Im also considering buying that Garrett detector and Im wondering how good it is for finding nuggets. What are the pros and cons for finding gold nuggets with this Garrett model?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread