Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dear fellow treasure and coin hunters,
my name is Horst and I live in Germany. I would love to come to the UK for a long weekend in May to do some metal detecting for Celtic coins. I would love to go out with some locals and/or a club. I know there is some professional ops but this is way out of my financial possibilities. I would fly in from Cologne on Ryan Air, rent a car and go from there.
I'd be VERY happy receiving some assistance on where to go what to do and if there are any legal points I have to follow as I do not want to break any laws especially as a guest to your country.
Best of luck
Horst

RobB023

Feb 27, 2019
Kent, UK
Detector(s) used
EuroACE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Various areas have been good for relics and hoards. I currently live in Kent and know that around Sandwich it has been producing coins.
I would also say research where the Roman Empire walked and settled, towns around these areas can be good to scan with a coil. Hope you have fun!

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Rob,
many thanks for your reply. This will work for a person who lives in the UK but only having 3 days or so I won't have a chance. But anyhow, many thanks for your reply!

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I read once about several clubs in GB that offer metal detecting holidays.

If someone has experience with such offerings, I would be grateful for comments.

Greets Namxat

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thank you for this post Namxat......that would be real nice to hear about......I am absolutely willing to give a donation to the club....no doubt!!!

I got inspired by your post and went back to google. There are clubs offering detecting vacations.....but EXPENSIVE!!!!!

I found something else I want to share: https://www.farmstay.co.uk/PlacesToVisit

There is farms and B&B offering accomodation and there is an option to select by activities. One option is metal detecting. I already contacted 2 farms and wait for feedback.

Last edited:

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you for this post Namxat......that would be real nice to hear about......I am absolutely willing to give a donation to the club....no doubt!!!

I got inspired by your post and went back to google. There are clubs offering detecting vacations.....but EXPENSIVE!!!!!

I found something else I want to share: https://www.farmstay.co.uk/PlacesToVisit

There is farms and B&B offering accomodation and there is an option to select by activities. One option is metal detecting. I already contacted 2 farms and wait for feedback.

Yeah I was inspired to google, too. I found about 1500 GBP for about two weeks. Flight not included.

This should be better fields of gold for that price!!

Yet, as you may have noticed, MDs are territorial animals. So being a stranger in a strange country I´d think you better contact someone to show you the ropes and assign you a place.

Greets

Namxat

P.S. for that kind of money you could fly to really intersting places and bribe the authorities.

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yep, for that price I will buy a gold coin or two and have my wife hide it in the front yard for me to have a golden find :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread