28.5 KB · Views: 231

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Pfälzerwald-Verein perhaps? This was a “Volksmarsch” or walking club. I haven't seen that one, but have seen others that tend to be listed for $20-40. (I don't know if they actually get that much, they were fairly common) Nice find though... hopefully someone can pinpoint this one... and here's to hoping its rare! :) -Ben

OP
OP
misplacedrednek

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you're right, I used a brass wire brush and cleaned it up some more. I looked up the translation and it came up as "Palatinate forest-society". Makes sense with the leaves and acorns and such. Thanks a heap.

MISPLACEDREDNEK

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nhbenz said:
Pfälzerwald-Verein perhaps? This was a “Volksmarsch” or walking club. I haven't seen that one, but have seen others that tend to be listed for $20-40. (I don't know if they actually get that much, they were fairly common) Nice find though... hopefully someone can pinpoint this one... and here's to hoping its rare! :) -Ben
I agree on that. The German people had awards and pins for just about everything from Hiking to Walking to gardening.. during the 20's to the 50's. I've got a Bavarian hat full of hiking pins from that time period. some of them really neat looking. Picks, hiking boots etc...
DG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread