Getting a new detector! Any suggestions?

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Deus is a great machine and the one I'd choose out of the 2 you listed. It's ultra light, super fast and has a huge following of seasoned MDers.

A couple others you might want to look into, if your not in a hurry, minelab equinox or both Fisher and Teknetics have a new flagship detectors coming out soon.

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the minelab Safari. It’s one of those machines you always hear can do what any other machine out there can do. It’s performance is unreal, and just feels solid.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you havent told us anything about the types of targets you are looking for or where you plan on hunting. Both your listed detectors are good, but not best for the same hunts

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you going to d9 any water detecting? If so both the ones you have listed are not water friendly. As Jason in The did mentioned... it would help to know hat type of metal detecting you are planning to do.

Any wet beach saltwater?

Cheers

Waterscoop

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am planning to buy a new metal detector in the next couple months. I have only used gold prospecting detectors so I am unsure which one I should choose. I am kind of leaning towards the E-Trac or the XP Deus anyone familiar with these machines that can give me some advice. 1500 is a lot of money for me and I do not want to make the wrong decision.

You might take a look at the new Minelab Equinox 800 if you haven't already, lightweight, waterproof. wireless, very fast recovery and affordable at $899

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions