
I'm going to be giving another idea a try. I have a long background in marketing and know a number of managers/owners of landscaping companies.
I'm going to reach out to a few to see if they have any discounts for new customers or discounts for old customers who they haven't worked with lately.
If they do, I'm going to shoot them a proposal to "offer their discounts" when I'm looking for permissions on old homes/private property.
My approach will be something like this... "Hi Mr or Mrs Homeowner... I live nearby and metal detect and collect old stuff for a hobby. I'd love to have your permission to metal detect on your property on an upcoming date that works for you...or even now if you're ok with that. As compensation for you granting me permission, I give discounts to ABC Landscaping Co with whom I've pre-negotiated this deal on behalf of all of my permissioned properties." Then have a pre printed card-flyer with the logo of the landscaper as well as your name, phone number and the amount of the discount.
View attachment 1756957
I'll report back if this has the desired effect.. Please if anyone else takes this tact, report back as well. It'd be interesting to know if this yields a higher than average permission rate.