What's new

Getting Robbed By The Beach Gods

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happened to me twice this week. In the shallow surf, about knee deep, got the targets in my scoop but couldn't get them out of the water before the strong backflush of returning surf washed them right out of the bucket. :laughing7: It's just not right. You hunt it, you dig it, you got it, well,......you had it. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Doh! :tongue3: I hate that. Know what I hate worse? Five scoops for a spoon!!! :laughing7:
 
Terry Soloman said:
Doh! :tongue3: I hate that. Know what I hate worse? Five scoops for a spoon!!! :laughing7:

Hah...amateurs :laughing7: Try 10 minutes or 'so' for a metal spike imbedded in the sea bottom :BangHead:
 
Whooo......these are funny! :laughing7:
I probably shouldn't admit this, but.........several years ago I was using a CZ-20 as I was walking an old dirt road, more like a two-track. Bang! Bang! One of those perfect high pitch tones that was screaming a nice big silver coin. So I start digging through this hard packed dirt and stone, really tough going. After fifteen minutes I'm thinking something just ain't right, I'm finally 8" inches down and that tone is still screaming at me like it's a big target, but I'm not getting a large target signal. That tone was just too sharp to be a big deep target. :icon_scratch: Well, after a little recon, it ended up being the galvanized drain tile running under the two-track from side ditch to side ditch. :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom