rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You bring a good name to the sport...Metal Detecting.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I love seeing the great displays you put together. What a blessing you are to folks! Thanks so much for sharing them with us before you took them in!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Super nice displays. It is really good of you to donate back to the community. It helps to give us all a good name.
Dman

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Doug, what a fantastic thing for you to do. Your displays are first class all the way. :icon_sunny:

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM, you are definately one of them fellows that help make all MDers look good. WTG on your efforts. :thumbsup: You are 1st class in my book. :sunny:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:To you!!I hope they keep them on display and dont "rotate "them out into storage like so often happens!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome!!!! Glad they let you detect and it will do good to show people a glimps of the past and that their town wasn't always all modern and paved over. Great job and congrats!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice displays! I just don't have the patience for it, LOL. HH, Mike

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Wow Doug..You must have been at this hobby for a LONG time. Maybe you should donate yourself to the museum. I'm sure we at Treasure net could think of some zingers to go on the Plaque at your feet. :tongue3:
Chris

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old River said:
Beatuiful collection, but I would never donate them to anybody. Fill out the paper stating that they are on LOAN to them. This way if you ever want them back you can get them, and it will keep them from selling them which museums will do. I donated my collection of arrow heads to a museum, and have never seen them again. That was years ago. Every time I ask about them the come up with some kind of an excuse to why they are not on display. My grandkids wants to see them now, and can't. Think about it before you give them away.
Old River

kuger said:
:thumbsup:To you!!I hope they keep them on display and dont "rotate "them out into storage like so often happens!

Old River and Kuger,
Sounds like you've had a bad experience with your museums. Our family has a lot of my great grandfathers collections (coins, bird eggs, mounted birds, etc.) in our hometown museum, and people have been enjoying them for decades now.
As far as my donations to this museum, there is really nothing of value here that I would lose sleep over. Actually, the shadowbox itself is the most expensive item. ;D This small museum is currently in a 1800's two story house, but they are building a brand new museum right behind this existing one. The exterior is being designed to look period correct to fit in with an 1800's plantation. They are really in need of displays to fill up the new museum, so I'm not too worried about my displays getting lost or put out to pasture anytime soon. :thumbsup:
-MM-
P.S. I am also contributing the almost $2.00 in clad that I found on the museum property too. ;D

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job Doug! were very happy for you and what you've done for the community! Deeds like this are what keep the doors open for us. Im proud to see a fellow NCer making a difference. sincerely, Swannanoa 4-h education center

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ferrous Bueller said:
Awesome MM,

Great displays. I have hopes of contacting museums and doing something similar. You are an inspiration.

Keep up the good work!
Dan

Thanks Dan. Good luck. Bring some already made up displays with you as a selling tool when you go to talk to the museum. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Wow Doug..You must have been at this hobby for a LONG time. Maybe you should donate yourself to the museum. I'm sure we at Treasure net could think of some zingers to go on the Plaque at your feet. :tongue3:
Chris

Chris,
I've been into the relic hunting for a whopping 3 years now, so I guess I am older than dirt. ;D Maybe I should donate my dress? :icon_scratch: :tongue3: Thanks & I love the zingers! :thumbsup:
-King Farthing III-

TreasureFiend said:
That is awesome!!!! Glad they let you detect and it will do good to show people a glimps of the past and that their town wasn't always all modern and paved over. Great job and congrats!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You got that right TF. :thumbsup:
This small town is growing like crazy now, and soon a lot of the chances we have to recover history will be long gone.
I guess the museums of the future will have cell phones, video games, GPS, and TV's for their displays. ;D :wink:
-MM-

Jimmy@romega said:
Now that is awesome to have your finds on display at a museum. Some would just try to sell them on ebay.

Thanks Jimmy. This guy would rather donate his relics for others to enjoy than to sell them. If no one donated to museums, there sure wouldn't be much to look at. ;D
-MM-

72cheyenne said:
MM, you are definately one of them fellows that help make all MDers look good. WTG on your efforts. :thumbsup: You are 1st class in my book. :sunny:

Thanks 72'.
Pretty soon you can put that Chevy truck of yours in there too. ;D :wink: You lucky dog.
-Doug-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw shucks, you guys & gals are making me blush. ;D Thanks so much for the great compliments. Making these displays is actually fun for me. What starts out as a pile of junk, is quickly turned into pieces of art once put together. That's the beauty of it.
I have a few more to make, so hopefully those will be done soon.
Maybe we could call this "DUGART". :icon_scratch:
Have a great week,
MM

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I commend the museum thats holding you finds. Sounds like they will do what is supposed to be done with the displays. I just that mine would have shown me a little thanks for my collection. Its wounderful to put your finds out so others can enjoy them. I commend you for it. Some day I will do the same with mine. Our community is planning a museum for the history of the area I live in. I will have them display the things I have in it, because it all got to do with the history of Old River where I live. I've had offers to buy some of my finds, but its not for sale. I would rather everyone enjoy them.

God Bless
Old River

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old River said:
I commend the museum thats holding you finds. Sounds like they will do what is supposed to be done with the displays. I just that mine would have shown me a little thanks for my collection. Its wounderful to put your finds out so others can enjoy them. I commend you for it. Some day I will do the same with mine. Our community is planning a museum for the history of the area I live in. I will have them display the things I have in it, because it all got to do with the history of Old River where I live. I've had offers to buy some of my finds, but its not for sale. I would rather everyone enjoy them.

God Bless
Old River

Good luck to you Old River. :thumbsup:
Keeep us posted. I would love to see your displays sometime.
Thanks,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread