What's new

Glaciers, home depo, lowes could equal AU

onfire

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
1,336
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I know there have been posts on glacier gravels thru out the U.S. Has anyone bought sand (several grits) from the Depo or lowes? The gravel pits here are more then 100 ft deep most from glacier drift. The sands are already concentrated and you'll be somewhat surprised on the amount of black sand in there. Have a few projects coming up this summer ahhh, just something to play with
 
Upvote 0
Hi Onfire,
I have heard of several people that have found micro gold in sandbox sand from those stores and other suppliers of sand. I remember a gold fever show that they ran some sandbox sand through a sluice and found gold. I recently bought some and thought about running it but didn't have time to. Maybe later.

B H Prospector
 
Several Southern California Rock & Gravel businesses have a secondary processing of sands for free gold...not sure of the quantity or dollar amount recovered...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom