DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this Glass Bottle today and i was wondering wut kind it is and how old?, It has an anchor like stamp on the bottom and above it it has the number 7, to the left of it theres a number 6 and below it there is 4-0... i would have a pic but the camera is unusable right now.......if anyone can help i would appreciate it
Bobby S

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Bob,

Anchor logo with an "H" superimposed over it (shown)........Anchor Hocking Corporation, Lancaster, OH and other plant locations (1937-to date). Although this mark was reportedly discontinued in 1977 in favor of the "new" mark ("anchor within a rectangle" below), I've seen new glassware produced by Anchor Hocking bearing this trademark, so evidently the mark is still in use on some items. For a list of Anchor Hocking plant numbers and other info pertaining to bottle bases in use during the 1960s/1970s period (courtesy of Dick Cole, fruitjar.org), click here . Most of the Anchor Hocking glass container plants were "spun off" in 1983 to form the newly created Anchor Glass Container Corporation. See their anchor logo, pictured farther down on this page.

Anchor within a rectangle (shown).........Anchor Hocking Corporation, Lancaster, OH & other locations. (1937-to date). Mark used since 1977.

Anchor logo (pictured).........Anchor Glass Container Corporation, Tampa, FL [head office], plants at Salem, NJ; Connellsville, PA; Winchester, IN; Shakopee, MN; Henryetta, OK; Jacksonville, FL; Elmira, NY; Warner-Robins, GA and Lawrenceburg, IN (1983-to date).

Anchor & rope logo..........Unknown. Seen on base of olive yellow amber flask, circa 1900

Go here for photos:
http://myinsulators.com/glass-factories/bottlemarks.html#ABCDEF

have a good un...........

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread