What's new

Going on a long road trip tomorrow...

Ltrain

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
309
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Gonna go on by far my longest road trip yet out into the country, stopping by some bigger towns and some smaller, and really small towns. Not expecting to find too much, but you never know until you try, right?

Some quick details;
Approximately 45 banks.
Total distance about 100 miles.
Three states.
Six counties.

Estimating my departure time at 9am... quick stop at a local bank to pick up some rolls somebody deposited a few days ago, then onto the regular route. If all goes according to plan, we'll arrive back home around 2pm, I'll dump a short time later, and go pick up the $2k that was ordered for me locally.

I'll be updating this thread with my finds as I go along... wish me luck!
 
Upvote 0
Twenty to twenty four; blank.
 
Twenty five through twenty seven; nothing.

Twenty eight; $3 clad.
 
They probably had some at the gas station you just passed. Here mountainman, have a sandwich. I packed a lunch 'cause I know how he gets on the road.
 
I am actually enjoying this road trip. I remember another poster that used to do this but he was on a city bus and had like $25 with him. Was always having to go to another bank to cash halves in so he could check another one. Was quite entertaining. Its like tweeting a roadtrip.
 
29-35; nothing. Bone dry.
 
36; $57 and a cherry picking teller. Girlfriend is done so that's it. Hopefully that $2k waiting for me has something.
 
Stopped at a couple banks on the way home that have been productive in the past;

$90 yielded two 40%'s...

And $50 yielded 1 40% and 1 90%.

Going to go pick up that $2k now...
 
Ltrain,
Exciting post. I was out all afternoon and couldn't wait to get back to see how you were doing. Sorry to hear that it wasn't very good. BUT, at least you know. That's the nature of this hobby. You'll score big soon.
All the best to you.
rileyboy
 
Good luck. That's a long trip. I think I will just pick up my 2 boxes tomorrow from the bank!
 
Well, at least you got some AG and a 90%er.
 
All four boxes, skunks.

Philly sucks for halves.

Back to dimes!
 
for a minute there i thought you were hunting here in alabama going by the results you were gettin :laughing7:
 
Philly sucks for halves

Makes me think mistergee is still out there somewhere.
 
Who? Some kind of notoriously huge roll searcher from Philly?
 
Very good read.Felt like I was on the road trip with you and didn't have to dump afterwords.
You have to do this again !
Nice score on your finds
HH
Rich
 
Cool updates on the road trip, sorry it didn't work out to any great score, a little silver is good though :)
 
Enjoyed your up-to-date road trip.

apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom