What's new

Gold Bug Special Edition coil types??

junglejim

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
52
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Anybody know what coils will fit this machine? Would like to get a larger coil to have handy, it currently has a 5", sure is tiny. Thanks
 
The Gold Bug SE also has an 11" DD available, you can get the "DP" package with the GB SE which will come with the bigger coil; I also think the Teknetics G2 comes with the larger 11" DD as standard, as opposed to the 5"; otherwise, the G2 and Gold Bug SE/Pro are identical if I am not mistaken.

Steve
 
The 8" concentric made for the Tech Omega 8000 works fine on my GBPro.
 
All the omega or "Greek series" coils will work on the G2 and GB Pro.
 
Thans, that little teen nintsy coul that it came with sure is little, but, I wanted the det. for nugget huntin' so it should work out. I have noticed in a few tests in my yard that the machine sure is powerful and deep.
 
The 5" coil is a very good coil. Email me if you decide you want the bigger coil. I can get you a good price on one.
 
junglejim --

lemme know how well you think that machine does on the deeper clad/silver coins. It should be nice and deep on the gold and nickels; I'm curious as to what you feel about its performance on silver and clad, the higher conductors, once you have used it a bit.

Steve
 
Dave Johnson of First Texas cautions that the GBs were made for DD coils
from the Greek series , Delta ,Omega etc.
The concentric may or may not work and said you would not hurt the
machine to try one thy don't recommend it.
 
sgoss66 said:
junglejim --

lemme know how well you think that machine does on the deeper clad/silver coins. It should be nice and deep on the gold and nickels; I'm curious as to what you feel about its performance on silver and clad, the higher conductors, once you have used it a bit.

Steve

I'll let yall know.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom