What's new

Good bag score...

chow

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
MIDWEST
Had a road trip on Fri for business and took some $$ with me to stop at a few small town banks along the way. Found some hand rolled ($90) which produced nothing. After my meeting, I stopped at a bank that had $964.50 on the half bag. Figuring it was just a bunch of dumps, I asked them if anyone had recently dropped off a large bunch of halves - tellers said "nope" and I was like :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I asked if I could buy the bag and all three tellers said they couldn't do it - had to sell to the fed when it was full. I told them it's usually pretty simple - just sell the bag to your drawer (the reverse of selling from the drawer to the coin counter), then sell it to me. The older teller said that makes sense but I better check with the manager. Manager said "no problem" and I got the bag!

In addition to the complimentary lint, pennies, nickels, quarters, three tokens, two random keys, and filthy blackened fingers, it gave up 65x40's and 10x90's (7 Kens, 3 Bens)!!!

I LOVE small town banking...
 
Upvote 0
chow said:
I asked if I could buy the bag and all three tellers said they couldn't do it - had to sell to the fed when it was full. I told them it's usually pretty simple - just sell the bag to your drawer (the reverse of selling from the drawer to the coin counter), then sell it to me. The older teller said that makes sense but I better check with the manager. Manager said "no problem" and I got the bag!

I've had tellers tell me the same thing. Wasn't sure if they just didn't know how, or if it was actually the bank's policy. Thanks for the tip on what to say, I'll try it next time!

Congrats on a great bag score and HH! :thumbsup:
 
AMAZING SCORE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom