What's new

Good box of pennies

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Picked up a box of pennies and saw there were 2 wheat reverses showing through the peepholes so I figured it'd be a good box. Ended up with 120 Wheats in that box. My second best box of pennies to date. The oldest was a 1927, nothing really any good but still 120 Wheats.
 
Upvote 0
Nice job Doc! I'm still waiting for a monster penny box. I think we are in the last months of the golden age for penny(cent) searching, as we will be flooded with the new ones next year. I don't know about you, but I'm going to try and stock up this winter ;D! Good luck to you,, Gpurs..
 
Yikes! That is an INTENSE penny box!

I've never had one close to that, and I have searched a fair amount.

Nice work!

~Dave
 
Wow sweet!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on a good haul! I remember back in the '70's, getting penny rolls at the bank by the hundreds: when we got a machine rolled supply, you could look on the ends and you opened the wheatie rolls first. Those were the days; my brothers and I pulled 8500+ wheats searching rolls in just a couple years time. Here's how obsessed I was about it: We'd go to a bank in Northern Lights (the Dr knows where this is) and walk the pennies over to Penney's. There, we'd sit in the bathroom and look through the rolls before taking them back to the bank. The tellers hated us! ;D
 
WTG DD.....congrats!
 
lol halfdime.

That stuff would NEVER fly with the tellers that banks employee these days. Every time I ask for change they ask if I will be brining it back. I wouldn't dare say yes because I KNOW they wouldn't give it to me if I did.

~Dave
 
Wow, that is 2-3 wheats per roll. That is crazy! Awesome!
 
awesome box. I average like 15-20 per box, 120 must have been sick
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom