What's new

Good place to metal detect?

Jluv

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2016
Messages
62
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Carson, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 101 Bounty Hunter, Whites TDI Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2016-07-05-22-09-59.webpScreenshot_2016-07-05-22-15-02.webpScreenshot_2016-07-05-22-11-12.webpScreenshot_2016-07-05-22-11-37.webp They might be civil war stuff in the field since there was a fort there. :dontknow:
 
I copied a google map picture, the area you are inquiring about looks to have been graded in the past. It's worth a shot, you just don't know what's in the ground until you swing a coil over it. I think you'd have better luck in the wooded area across the red river that I circled in red. As a matter of fact I'd hunt all the wooded areas in the area. Just make sure to spray yourself down real good for ticks.

Clarksville.webp

I used to be stationed at Ft Campbell back from Oct 77 thru Jun 80. I haven;t been back to Clark's Vegas in a couple decades.
 
I copied a google map picture, the area you are inquiring about looks to have been graded in the past. It's worth a shot, you just don't know what's in the ground until you swing a coil over it. I think you'd have better luck in the wooded area across the red river that I circled in red. As a matter of fact I'd hunt all the wooded areas in the area. Just make sure to spray yourself down real good for ticks.

View attachment 1333501

I used to be stationed at Ft Campbell back from Oct 77 thru Jun 80. I haven;t been back to Clark's Vegas in a couple decades.

What do you mean the area have been graded before?
 
What do you mean the area have been graded before?

Being that there is a parking lot and a hooters right there, I'd imagine that the land was graded by machine to flatten it out. Either by scraper or bulldozer.
 
Screenshot_2016-07-06-18-16-29.webpScreenshot_2016-07-06-18-16-06.webp
what about this used to be cemetery?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom