What's new

Got a box of 2010-D nickels

ArkhamHouse

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have a box of 50 rolls of 2010-D nickels. I have heard that these are selling for a premium. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so, how I might sell them?

Thanks.


-Arkham House
 
Upvote 0
i would hold onto them for a bit the 2009 nickels are very low mintage and are selling for 5-6 a roll now. if the 2010 are the same low mintage they should fetch a similar price in the next year
 
ArkhamHouse said:
I have a box of 50 rolls of 2010-D nickels. I have heard that these are selling for a premium. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so, how I might sell them?

Thanks.


-Arkham House

The 2010 nickels are already at a higher mintage than the 2009 were for the entire year. The 2010 dime is even worse. I've gotten 7 boxes of the 2010 dimes, and haven't been able to sell one of them. I released them back into the wild.

The nickels are a little scarcer, but the numbers are growing rapidly. So if you want to sell them, I say do NOT wait until next year. They will be worth a niuckel each by then. ONLY the 2009 was low mintage. That won't translate into any value for the 2010.

So put them on ebay and see if you can do any good with them. They seem to sell for a premium in the beginning, before others find them, and then go back to nothing. Like the 2009 penny did. It now is worth a penny. So try to sell if you want, but don't look for 2010 to be a low mintage year. FYI.

here are some releases from the mint.

Circulating Coins Produced in June 2010
Denver Philadelphia Total
2010 Jefferson Nickels 36,240,000 46,800,000 83,040,000

And in June was the FIRST of the 2010D nickels. So they are somewhat rare still. But they are coming. Minted as much in June as ALL of 2009, and more has been minted since then. <<2010 Jefferson nickels ranked third with just over 83 million produced in June, which is nearly the amount of the entire 2009 nickel mintage (86.64 million). And for the first time since July 2009, 2010-D nickels were pressed to the tune of 36.24 million.
>>

I don't have numbers since then, but the mints have been running, so the numbers are rising.

Sell fast! If you still can. :-)
 
Thanks to all who responded. I am trying to sell the box to some local dealers. I will post the results, whatever they may be, including dumping them at the bank!


-Arkham House
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom