What's new

Got a V nickel!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
4,469
Reaction score
10,375
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was pleasantly surprised at getting a V nickel tonight though surprised not much else was in this batch. The closest I got to a war nickel was a 1942 with no mint mark above the dome...and no buffalo nickels either....but I am always pleased to get a V...I'd like to get an 1800's date....so far just early 1900's...this V isn't in great shape but I'll take it. And one preying mantis on my mailbox today....Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 20260929_175617.webp
    20260929_175617.webp
    881.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20260929_183849.webp
    20260929_183849.webp
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20260929_183821.webp
    20260929_183821.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20260929_144938.webp
    20260929_144938.webp
    273 KB · Views: 4
  • 20260929_144843.webp
    20260929_144843.webp
    990.3 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
I was pleasantly surprised at getting a V nickel tonight though surprised not much else was in this batch. The closest I got to a war nickel was a 1942 with no mint mark above the dome...and no buffalo nickels either....but I am always pleased to get a V...I'd like to get an 1800's date....so far just early 1900's...this V isn't in great shape but I'll take it. And one preying mantis on my mailbox today....Thanks!
thats cool,i only have one
 
In three years, I have a near full set, mostly in lower grades. A few are so worn I had to experiment with various filters to set a date.

That said, any Liberty nickel is a good thing.

Also, most weeks I sort three boxes.
 
In three years, I have a near full set, mostly in lower grades. A few are so worn I had to experiment with various filters to set a date.

That said, any Liberty nickel is a good thing.

Also, most weeks I sort three boxes.
I think I'm doing about three as well...so glad I don't have to re-roll the nickels...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom