Got my 1st. gold ring this season,sadly.

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
I just got back from the beach. Hot and sunny,no wind,flat lake. On my 1st. pass in shallow water I got a lower tone. This is usualy a nickle or a gold ring. It was a nice fat mens wedding band. 14kt. A real bute. I could see it had a inscreption in it. But my eyes suck,so I had to wait till I got home to read it ,with my lupe. I also got $2.65 in change. The ring is about 8 or 9 grams. About $100.00 in scrap. There is to me no greater thrill than seeing gold in my scoop. I can never get used to it. The sad thing is ,it was inscribed To my sweetheart.I will love you forever. I would give up that ring and $100.00 of my own money to get it back to the guy that lost it. Sometimes this hobby kind of sucks. What can I do? I guess I,ll go to another beach tomorrow. :tard: Mike.

Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I have felt sad a few times too. It seems terrible that someone who worked so hard for a ring or received one from someone who dearly loves the person could lose it. That's why sometimes there is a positive side when we can return the item to the person.

I know the thrill too; when one sees that yellow circle in the scoop, it's a feeling that only a fellow treasure hunter understands.

Good luck your next time out.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I understand your sadness but.... on the other hand. Often times things are given like this in the beginning and later on things kind of turn sour. Then it would not be uncommon for that person to go to the beach feeling real sorry for themselves and tossing that ring out as far as they could throw. I know this for a fact because my daugher did that after her divorce. She tossed her wedding ring set in the lake and boy was I MAD! She didn't tell me about doing this until 2 years later. I told her that if she wanted to get rid of them I would have taken them! Sheesh! Something that meant so much in the beginning got thrown away in the end. So don't feel too bad.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold!!! I wouldn't feel too bad about it. :thumbsup:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on your first of the season Mike, nothing like a nice fat gold ring in the scoop WTG :thumbsup:
Could have been worse, the ring could have read, "To my Sweetheart I will love you forever unless you lose this ring."
Glenn

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well Mike .. All I can say is you a good man with good heart .. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: guzz1

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
Better to be yours now, than forever buried. You Do have a good heart as said!! shaka Mikey :thumbsup:

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is sometimes a hard thing to find that kind of stuff. I found an old brass home made wedding band on a Civil War battle field. I wondered how it got where it was and what it meant to the man it came from. It was clearly from the war. Nothing was in that area before or after. I always wondered if he lived or died there and whether his family ever saw him again. Really deep stuff that will bother the HEdoublehockeystix out of you if you let it.

You might check the local papers to see if it is in the lost and found. You can even list it there yourself with an option to have the owner describe the inscription. Most papers allow the found posts for free for a week or so.

Beyond that, just know that you did what you could and many things are beyond our control.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike nice find, if you can't find the owner don't feel too bad.

There is always the chance it wasn't lost but thrown away after a divorce or affair. I have known a couple people over the years who threw theirs away after a divorce or found out about an affair......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions