Great finds Mike

I like the buckle, I've found 2 of them so far and researched them and found out they stopped making the brass one by 1920 so you know it's old, there were a couple guys that said it was a confederate knapsack buckle but not true. At the time one guy had had sold one on ebay as a confederate bedroll buckle for over $100 and it really got me going till I found out the truth. Poor guy who bought it, them guys on ebay can be real deceiving, I've got an old mid 1800's pewter whistle I found and watched a guy sell one identical on ebay for $160 but when he showed it he stated that he found it in a revolutionary war area in upstate New York and included old descriptions of pewter whistles from that era but they looked completely different than the one he sold to the poor sucker that bought it. I just put a cork ball in mine and have it as a great find.