Grandmas collection... PICS!

SilverSharpie

Mar 16, 2012
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Grandma's collection... PICS!

My grandma gave me a present today. Turns out she collected coins and sorted by date back in the day, all 1964 or prior. All in all, there's 1,641 dimes (roughly by weight at 2.5g apiece), 40 quarters, 9 war nicks and 5 dateless buffs. Lots of partial rolls. In fact, out of the 16 full rolls of dimes, six are solid Mercs, two of which are overstuffed. First time I've seen a solid Mercury dime roll. Two of the quarters are Standing Liberties. :icon_biggrin:

She also said she had loads of quarters, halves, and silver dollars, but most of those were stolen years ago :(

With some luck, I'll find the stolen goods in circulation and buy em back at face value :evil6:

Attachments

• dimes.JPG
    dimes.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 113
  • mercury.JPG
    mercury.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 91
  • mercdimes.JPG
    mercdimes.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0

CRHnut

Greenie
Jan 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap buddy congratulations! Any 1916D Mercs in those delicious delectable rolls????

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Them old folks got it all. Talking with my old Dad about hunting rolls, told him I get about 1 roosie a box. He said that must drive you crazy! I remember as a young man in the late sixties wathcing Dad go through roll after roll solid silver coin, but for him it was all bout condition. He put the coins away for years while he focused on Winchesters. Sharing my new interest with him made him start digging through his coins again. Told me other day I forgot about this roll of BU 64 halves and this roll BU 61 Bens. His collection has'nt seen light of day in years. Told me he sold 99 oz's mexican silver recently at $37 to buy a gun he wanted. No telling what he's got.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
What a score! I can only guess how exciting it is to open half century old rolls.
I'm wondering what value will new unopened rolls of dimes from 2007 be worth in 30 years from now? Extrapolating the trend towards the coins made out of plastic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread