Granny score!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to a lot of yard sales every month. If you wanted to know how many I would guess easily 3 to 400 a month! They are all over and alot of them have a lot of junk. Most of them have junk actually. I went to one today and this lady had nine tables full of clothing and that was it! No vases no cups, no Chinese garbage just clothing. My buddy was like to don't go it's just junk I said no I gotta look and check it out!

granny pants. Granny shoes, granny sweaters and even some granny undies! Eww, barf! What the.... gross! But I come back to the sweaters and I ask her how much are they and she says $.50 apiece! Now were talking!!!

I spent $20 on granny sweaters and I bought them all! There was five boxes of them. So the back of my van was full and I would've done it again! Every one of them is my grandmother's favorite clothing which is Alfred Dunner. And from doing some research I should be able to get $20-$35 per sweater. There's at least 40 of them here! And then there are also ugly Christmas sweaters by another company!

image-2493334387.jpg image-906945816.jpg image-1171912751.jpg

And then the next sale down the road there was some other notables as well. I still have to do research on the fishfinder it was a dollar. I couldn't pass it up he said it took paper... Not sure..

image-2722768751.jpg

And at the same yard sale i paid two dollars for these frisbees and I think they're from the 70s. I have not look these up yet either..

image-3260712488.jpg image-248833730.jpg

Also by the way I took probably 70 to 80 other sweaters to Goodwill that had stains on them I didn't feel like cleaning or the stitching was pulled from them.

Last edited:

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it! It's getting better now, but things had been so tight for us for so long that buying feels way too much like work and not at all like fun sometimes. It doesn't help that I live in a super sprawl-y city & so I drive 50+ miles some days, or that it's 100 degrees and 100% humidity by 11 a.m. more often than not. Garage sales got so bleak going into this summer that I only stop if it's already on my way somewhere; it's been two months of estate sales, flea markets and brick & mortar stores almost exclusively.

I don't allow myself to bring clothes home often because I have an extensive, lovingly-curated vintage wardrobe that I can barely manage as it is, but I'll remember the spirit of your post and try to have some fun revisiting garage sale-ing this weekend so thanks :)

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of those frisbees look like golf discs. Don't know if there is a market but might help your research.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of those frisbees look like golf discs. Don't know if there is a market but might help your research.

Jayers is right. They are for disc golf. My nephew is into it in a large way.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some discs are worth some good green also, although I wouldn't know the differences.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those sweaters go for $20-30 new. Don't waste your time trying to list them individually. Save them for the holiday season and sell them by the boxload, $20-30 per box. There are a lot of "ugly sweater" theme parties happening that time of year (not a joke!). They also might be of interest to a set decorator for movies/theater, but again, only by the boxload.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread