What's new

Graphite Thingy

Native1858

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
95
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado Springs
Found this while hiking in the "backwoods" of Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. I think it has something to do with blasting (?). It is a solid round stick of graphite with a small metal lid with a screw post that sticks up through the cap, and has a screw on nut-possibly for a wire (?)-on the top.

It is 6 1/4" long, and 1" wide round. There's only one, the picture is a split image.
 

Attachments

  • Graph.webp
    Graph.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 254
dry cell battery :wink:
 
Upvote 0
WOW!

When I was a kid I took a couple of those and evacuated a whole school !

Ran a DC current through them into a condentrated salt solution,
flooded the whole school with Chlorine gas. !
Only took a couple hours.

Great find!

OD
 
Upvote 0
Native, it looks like an old resistor form a phone line there were 2 of them in the phone line customer interface box on the side of everyone's house. when I was a kid my sister's would try to call our father to get me in trouble. I would go pull them out to prevent them from calling. it did not work just got into more trouble O boy never could catch a break having 2 older sister's. Anyway
that's my guess good luck.
Broken Knee
The ones in ours had the same nut's on the ends to keep the connection's tight. this one is held by the sides ours was held by the top and bottom.
 

Attachments

  • fig_2372-2373.webp
    fig_2372-2373.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 248
Upvote 0
I'ts one terminal from a 12 volt lantern battery, The larger the dia, the more voltage, amps, carrying power.

I bet is was a paper wraped one though. Mitchel Mauraders Rule,,,,1973
 

Attachments

  • imagerequest.webp
    imagerequest.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom