What's new

Group of Roman As's ?

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY ONLY MACHINES
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
4,939
Reaction score
4,609
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told Don about these and decided to make a quick pick, last for a while.
I simply flipped them over for the back shot... so there's that..
Two coins on the left may not be same guy, last on left is obviously smaller..
Second on left seems to have a different profile and back but really similar..
Thanks for looking !
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0870.webp
    IMG_0870.webp
    387.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0871.webp
    IMG_0871.webp
    327.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0872.webp
    IMG_0872.webp
    239 KB · Views: 63
IMO, the obverse legend of this coins of Claudius (about 50AD) will read:

TI CLAVDIVS CAESAR AVG P M TR P IMP P P​

Don in SoCal
The second from the left MAY not be the same coin.. :dontknow:
guy on the back does not appear to have a shield or the dress that the others have.
 
There are at least two different reverse images; my comment above concerned only the obverse image and legend. Will soon look at the reverse unless other members ID first.
Don in SoCal
 
At least four of the reverses can be described as:
Minerva advancing right, brandishing javelin in right hand, shield on left arm, S-C across field.
Don in SoCal
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom