What's new

Guessing Marietta "Georgia" search for Cache

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,960
Reaction score
76,429
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it does not say Marietta, PA or Marietta, O
& is in a Georgia Paper


The morning news. [volume]
(Savannah, Ga.), 21 Sept. 1888.

000aaa.webp

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...ext=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=4
 
Last edited:
Very cool. I wonder what is the best way for finding the address to the property?
 
this one may take a friendly historian at a nearby historical society.

I don't see any online historical maps of the area that have property owners listed
 
I found the property of Henry Meinert with the lot dimensions as well as a sketch of where the house stood. However, the area has been developed and a parking lot now sits over most the property as well as two large buildings.

Any idea how deep they used to dig back in the 1800's to bury something?

I'm wondering how strong of a metal detector I would need if I were to get permission.
 
I Know people were Healthier back then, due to more actual walking & Working.
but I Still believe unless someone uses an Abandoned Well. 3 Feet would probably be
considered overkill in most cases. After all, Would you want to Dig 3 feet into Solid Ground
Secretly to bury something, Then If you need it in a Hurry, either to Retrieve,, or add to it,
Dig 3 Feet quickly Trusting to be UN-Noticed.
2 or more times ? (I'm Talking Personal Fruit Jar or Tin Box Caches]

I Know some did, But I Think Most with common sense wouldn't

Unless they were planning a Long term Runaway maybe then double up on depth.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom