Relic Hunting
39B17FC0-2E7A-4E32-9DA4-0CE40AA0FC47.jpeg

Upvote 19

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3 nice items, all complete- awesome!

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pretty nice items, what's the backstory on them?
Sure no worries. They were found in two different areas on the same day. Found the rusty toy pistols laying on the surface of a dumpsite in Colona, CO (deserty climate so iron preserves nicely) and then beeped a field in Montrose, CO where i live now (originally from Virginia so grew up hunting civil war and have some pics of stuff in my personal gallery) and came up with the first sterling spoon I've ever dug. The backmark says 'Treasure' and has a date of 1921. Site is victorian era due to other artifacts dug there.

I'm a noob at posting was just excited to post anything to break the ice. I will include more dialogue in the future with my pics, I've always been a solo hunter and just want to reach out to some kindred souls. Thanks for the interest this is a fun site.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure no worries. They were found in two different areas on the same day. Found the rusty toy pistols laying on the surface of a dumpsite in Colona, CO (deserty climate so iron preserves nicely) and then beeped a field in Montrose, CO where i live now (originally from Virginia so grew up hunting civil war and have some pics of stuff in my personal gallery) and came up with the first sterling spoon I've ever dug. The backmark says 'Treasure' and has a date of 1921. Site is victorian era due to other artifacts dug there.

I'm a noob at posting was just excited to post anything to break the ice. I will include more dialogue in the future with my pics, I've always been a solo hunter and just want to reach out to some kindred souls. Thanks for the interest this is a fun site.
Beautiful area having the mountain backdrop.
Great pair of pistols-bookends. The dry/dusty climate does help preserve the metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread