What's new

Halfs Question

1987 and then 2002 and forward.
 
I picked up the following today

1x2001 D
1x2006 P
2x2006 D
1x2007 D
1x2008 P
1x2008 D

Are these coins worth anything? My son said to hold on to them,I've probably dumped a bunch already.
 
Nice finds, I personally don't save them. I see a lot of them in my boxes so they can't be that rare. I am probably wrong though...
 
Thanks for the info. They are nice and shiny,but not silver,so I'll dump them.
 
TreasureFiend said:
Nice finds, I personally don't save them. I see a lot of them in my boxes so they can't be that rare. I am probably wrong though...

You are not wrong at all. The 1987 coins are a bit rare as far as NIFCs go. But the 2002 and on coins are very common lately in my boxes. I threw back over 200 bucks in NIFCs just last week.

I save a couple of each year and mint that are in BU shape, and the rest go. There are mint bags and rolls of them for sale on ebay and such, and there are still millions of them floating around. I dont personally see any future fad for them myself. If they were silver or gold perhaps. But nobody is gonna pay a bunch for a clad coin produced in the millions, at least not for the next 20 years or so.

But maybe you could find a dupe on ebay who will pay for them? I see that some people on ebay pay alot for one ounce supposedly rare silver bullion coins that my dealers here would only pay spot plus a buck or two for.

Jim
 
thanks for the info i was wondering the same thing
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom