What's new

hand roll halves, nickel experts help

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
Best find yet...stopped at a bank I stopped at two weeks ago, I got 3 hand rolls and found 9 40%'s. I always save one for my wife because she has the lucky hand (found 4 of them). ;D

I also got $100 in nickels. I see a lot of posts on nickels here, but was curious on which ones I should keep. I know war nickels and buffaloes...but anything else?

I'll update on what I get later out of the nickels.
 
Upvote 0
Proofs, Pre 1960, and some other odds and ends. The post stickied to the top of the forum has a lot of info.
 
Be on the lookout for V-nickels too. They have been popping up quite a bit recently.

-Codes
 
specifically, i save all 38's, 39 d & s, 48s, 49s, 50, 50d, 51s, 1955, and 41 large s (on 39's, look for doubling on the reverse)

HH
-GC
 
you can also look for "full steps"....which are Jefferson nickles of such high grade that 5 or 6 full steps are seen....these can be found on all years except from 1960 to 1967 as they have a piece of a step missing on the right and never have more than 4.75 steps
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom