What's new

Hard Hammering for this Calimite

fossis

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
7,837
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Location
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard 'Hammering' for this Calimite

I found some petrified wood, (Calamites), today while taking pic's for MY DAILY SNAPSHOT, I took my two Grandsons back with me & I busted them out of some big boulders, I told them they were the first humans to ever touch them , then I gave each of them one to keep.
They love to 'Fossil hunt' with me when they can.
they were found in E. OK, along a RR track, in the ditch.

Fossis..................
 

Attachments

  • railroad walk 014.webp
    railroad walk 014.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 408
  • railroad walk 011.webp
    railroad walk 011.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 435
  • railroad walk 017.webp
    railroad walk 017.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 421
Re: Hard 'Hammering' for this Calimite

Very cool, you sure are creating a lot of memories for your grandkids.
 
Re: Hard 'Hammering' for this Calimite

Muddy Feet said:
Very cool, you sure are creating a lot of memories for your grandkids.

Thanks, I try & take them all I can.

Fossis................
 
Re: Hard 'Hammering' for this Calimite

Re: An easy fossil hunt
Reply To This Topic #9 Posted Today at 08:00:57 PM
Quote Modify Remove
Quote from: fossis on Apr 02, 2009, 11:13:18 PM
Quote from: TnMountains on Apr 02, 2009, 07:43:47 PM
You guys had a great hunt. They are very interesting finds. Looks like they came from a museum
Thanks for sharing.
TnMountains

Thanks Tennessee, we have 'coal deposits' in this area, & plant fossils are numerous, I have collected for years, & traded them to rock shops for other minerals & rocks.

Hey fossis

I lease a bunch of land here in south east Tennessee. We have a lot of old coal strip mines in the mountains I lease. I did by chance find a fossil along an old road bed one day. I think it would be a fun day to go back up to them by 4 wheeler and look for fossils.Do you have any advice? Some of the pits are still open with the old rail tracks and cedar poles holding up the ceilings.I stay out of them though.
How would you suggest I hunt? I am an artifact surface hunter soooo I have the eyes,lol Thank you for your time.
TnMountains
I will post my fossil on here for you all to evaluate.
 
Re: Hard 'Hammering' for this Calimite

TnMountains said:
Re: An easy fossil hunt
Reply To This Topic #9 Posted Today at 08:00:57 PM
Quote Modify Remove
Quote from: fossis on Apr 02, 2009, 11:13:18 PM
Quote from: TnMountains on Apr 02, 2009, 07:43:47 PM
You guys had a great hunt. They are very interesting finds. Looks like they came from a museum
Thanks for sharing.
TnMountains

Thanks Tennessee, we have 'coal deposits' in this area, & plant fossils are numerous, I have collected for years, & traded them to rock shops for other minerals & rocks.

Hey fossis

I lease a bunch of land here in south east Tennessee. We have a lot of old coal strip mines in the mountains I lease. I did by chance find a fossil along an old road bed one day. I think it would be a fun day to go back up to them by 4 wheeler and look for fossils.Do you have any advice? Some of the pits are still open with the old rail tracks and cedar poles holding up the ceilings.I stay out of them though.
How would you suggest I hunt? I am an artifact surface hunter soooo I have the eyes,lol Thank you for your time.
TnMountains
I will post my fossil on here for you all to evaluate.
We just have the 'open pit mines' here in our area, I wouldn't go into any of the 'old tunnels', you should find a lot if you have the eyes of an 'artifact hunter. :thumbsup:

Fossis............
 
Re: Hard 'Hammering' for this Calimite

:walk: Yes sir.Thank you. The ones I have are on the side of the mtns in layers and were worked up to 1950.
 
Re: Hard 'Hammering' for this Calimite

allen said:
sounds like you are a wonderful grandfather ! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I try my best.

Fossis...............
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom