What's new

Has anyone noticed this.

how u do n

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
369
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
I have been looking through tons of half dollars and notice there are ones that are thinner then the others.
I look at them and a big % of them are the p mint mark.
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this.
Please let me know if I am looking at too many coins lol ::) :o
dan
 
Upvote 0
I don't do many halves, so I haven't noticed!

-Codes
 
yea i have noticed that, since i primarily edge search. i was told that the reason they wear down is constant running through coin counting machines or slot machines. who knows? ???
 
bluefin1959 said:
I have been looking through tons of half dollars and notice there are ones that are thinner then the others.
I look at them and a big % of them are the p mint mark.
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this.
Please let me know if I am looking at too many coins lol ::) :o
dan


I have noticed that too some of the new years. Some of them are brand new looking coins and they are thinner than the older ones. I have not paid attention to the mint that produced them though.

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom