What's new

heading to galvaston TX.

mretrackr

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Greeting all...

I will be going to galvaston TX. in the near future and will have a chance to do a lill beach hunting while im there. anyone have any ideas on where to go in that area?

thanks !!!

HH
mikeB
 
Mike back a few years ago I had a home on Jamaica Beach , down the west end of the island . I had very good luck in that little town on the beach . I have not been there for years though so it may have changed . But the beach was a lot better than down by the Sea wall , at least I though so .

At the time the Hotels did not say anything about detecting , but some of my friends have had them ask not to during the summer season when people were there, but then they would not make them leave so you will just have to see.
There are a few guys there that work the beach in that area and I have seen some of there finds on youtube so you might take a look and see.
We used to go out to Seawolf park and hunt but I was told you can't now , and that it has become all grown up around that area , but you might take a ride out to see for yourself as we found quite a bit there.
And then there are the old oil terminal stations out that way that we used to leave at to go out to sea that had areas that many did not go to and we found coins there dating back to the 1900's .
I do not know if they are open anymore as most shut down in the late 90's , another place you will have to check.
A lot has changed in the years but when I was there 3 years ago I did go out with friends and find a few things with a borrowed detector .
But to make a to long of a story stop . :) I do think you will like the West end where my house was as to me that was the best beach .
 
thanks so much for the info. I will post my finds.

HH

mikeB :hello:
 
The seawall and east beach areas will get the highest density of tourists. I would hit those areas, just observe were all the umbrellas and blankets are and hit those spots early the next morning. If you have a water machine get out to the first gut. Wish I didn't have to work or I'd hook up for a couple hours.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom