Hearing Aids

Pit 4 Brains

Greenie
Feb 13, 2023
I'm looking now to save a few extra $$ and get the legend. I am also getting outfitted with hearing aids from the VA. They are wireless and can be coupled with cell phones like ear buds. If I get the WHP package, are the headphones Bluetooth or on a single (simplex) frequency? I think it would be way cool to link it with my aids..
-Pete

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the best way to get this answered would be to call Nokta.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm looking now to save a few extra $$ and get the legend. I am also getting outfitted with hearing aids from the VA. They are wireless and can be coupled with cell phones like ear buds. If I get the WHP package, are the headphones Bluetooth or on a single (simplex) frequency? I think it would be way cool to link it with my aids..
-Pete
The Legend is Bluetooth Codec aptX LL which is a Low Latency Bluetooth connection, the Simplex headphones are not Bluetooth not sure what the connection on the simplex is but I do know it is not Bluetooth

here is the Legend from Nokta site once on it scroll down the page

Last edited:

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-Pete
I prefer to use the headphones vs my hearing aids on the beach because they block out the wind and surf noise. I use them in conjunction with the vibration feature. The headphones offer the very attractive bonus of being able to pretend I don't hear folks if I so choose. LOL

RwP

Feb 12, 2020
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they don't you can always go with some Bluetooth ear buds, that's what I do. Works well especially when it hot out,headphones for me are to hot in summer.

Last edited:

jszd1

Nov 6, 2022
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Hey there…I’m an Audiologist. Lots of factors to consider with hearing aids. Your degree of hearing loss, open vs closed hearing aid fitting, type of Bluetooth used by the specific HA manufacturer (low energy vs. traditional), etc. But like Sandog said at the end of the day the standard headphones could very well be the best option. I would love to discuss this with you in detail if you want. In fact, now I’m really curious and I’m going to try some different setups this week to see what works best.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. I still plan on getting the legend. I think and hope my hearing aids will help me with tones under the headset. I have bilateral tinnitus and some tones are impossible to hear.
Thanks for the replies.
Good choice. I really like mine. Still learning. Some good info on the Nokta forum.

OP
OP
P

Pit 4 Brains

Greenie
Feb 13, 2023
Hey there…I’m an Audiologist. Lots of factors to consider with hearing aids. Your degree of hearing loss, open vs closed hearing aid fitting, type of Bluetooth used by the specific HA manufacturer (low energy vs. traditional), etc. But like Sandog said at the end of the day the standard headphones could very well be the best option. I would love to discuss this with you in detail if you want. In fact, now I’m really curious and I’m going to try some different setups this week to see what works best.
I want to keep this thread going. It looks like I woke a sleeping giant.

OP
OP
P

Pit 4 Brains

Greenie
Feb 13, 2023
The Legend is Bluetooth Codec aptX LL which is a Low Latency Bluetooth connection, the Simplex headphones are not Bluetooth not sure what the connection on the simplex is but I do know it is not Bluetooth

here is the Legend from Nokta site once on it scroll down the page

By simplex, I meant that transmission and receive are on one (two) dedicated frequencies. I wasn't referring to the simplex model of the detector.
I was introduced to frequency hopping in the 90's and now it's used in all manner of communication but I was assuming that some inexpensive items like a metal detector might use a single frequency with ultra low wattage.. Kinda like the old cordless phones where you could listen into your neighbor's calls.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
By simplex, I meant that transmission and receive are on one (two) dedicated frequencies. I wasn't referring to the simplex model of the detector.
I was introduced to frequency hopping in the 90's and now it's used in all manner of communication but I was assuming that some inexpensive items like a metal detector might use a single frequency with ultra low wattage.. Kinda like the old cordless phones where you could listen into your neighbor's calls.
I still have my Bearcat handheld from the 90's that "might" have been modified to receive analog cellular transmissions. 🙄

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
-Pete
Just an update for you I am also going to be getting hearing aids and I will be using a set of neck band speaker that might interest you, I have been using a neckband speaker called Avantree Taurus and they work great

the Avantree Taurus have helped me a ton in being able to distinguish tones and threshold from the Legend, they are a little different from conventional headphones and earbuds though but they work vary vary good

hear is a link to them

OP
OP
P

Pit 4 Brains

Greenie
Feb 13, 2023
Just an update for you I am also going to be getting hearing aids and I will be using a set of neck band speaker that might interest you, I have been using a neckband speaker called Avantree Taurus and they work great

the Avantree Taurus have helped me a ton in being able to distinguish tones and threshold from the Legend, they are a little different from conventional headphones and earbuds though but they work vary vary good

hear is a link to them

Hmmm, I'm interested. I bookmarked the page. I niether have my aids or my detector yet so I'm still in the options stage and not ready for decisions.
Thanks for the link!!

RwP

Feb 12, 2020
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just take out my hearing aids and use

HomeSpot Neckband Wireless Earbuds aptX Low Latency Bluetooth Headphones​

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just take out my hearing aids and use

HomeSpot Neckband Wireless Earbuds aptX Low Latency Bluetooth Headphones​

you keep sending this Link but if you read Pit 4 Brains post he wants something that does not go in his ears. he will be getting hearing aids you can not wear hearing aids in your ears and stick a earbud in there at the same time with the hearing aids.

I am going to be going through the same as Pit 4 Brains myself so the Avantree Taurus will work great for some one with hearing aids in their ears

just like my post I put up you failed to read the whole post again like my post I strictly stated I did not want a earbud style or over the ear style and I plainly posted the reasons I did not, but you keep persisting on posting up these homespot earbuds that i have already stated I have no interest in what so ever so quit freaking posting them up, I will be going through the same thing, I have to get hearing aids also and I personally do not want to have to remove my hearing aids to stick a set of earbuds in. I also like to remain aware of my surroundings while I am detecting which you also cannot do while wearing a earbud in both ears or over the ear headphones, start actually reading peoples post and you might be better off, details are in most peoples post and you do not seem to want to read peoples complete post before you put in your two cents worth with out even knowing why you are giving your two cents worth.

RwP

Feb 12, 2020
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you keep sending this Link but if you read Pit 4 Brains post he wants something that does not go in his ears. he will be getting hearing aids you can not wear hearing aids in your ears and stick a earbud in there at the same time with the hearing aids.

I am going to be going through the same as Pit 4 Brains myself so the Avantree Taurus will work great for some one with hearing aids in their ears

just like my post I put up you failed to read the whole post again like my post I strictly stated I did not want a earbud style or over the ear style and I plainly posted the reasons I did not, but you keep persisting on posting up these homespot earbuds that i have already stated I have no interest in what so ever so quit freaking posting them up, I will be going through the same thing, I have to get hearing aids also and I personally do not want to have to remove my hearing aids to stick a set of earbuds in. I also like to remain aware of my surroundings while I am detecting which you also cannot do while wearing a earbud in both ears or over the ear headphones, start actually reading peoples post and you might be better off, details are in most peoples post and you do not seem to want to read peoples complete post before you put in your two cents worth with out even knowing why you are giving your two cents worth.
Mr Smith I have hearing aids and just take them out and use them. They work good for me
and are LL unlike what you keep pushing. Also if they don't work for them they are out 20 bucks unlike the 90 dollar. I'm just pointing out options.

OP
OP
P

Pit 4 Brains

Greenie
Feb 13, 2023
Fellas.. Let's be civil here please. I want to keep this a discussion, like you would at a barber shop when there's a clipper in your hair or a razor on your neck.
In my case... I have tinnitus and hearing loss in the 3-4.5K range. The aids I am getting are over the ear with a small wire that goes in the canal so as not disturb my low frequency range [that plug type aids will do] which is normal to very acute.
That being said, I don't know the tech specs of the frequency of the higher tones of the Legend I plan on purchasing so I merely wanted to know if it liks up to aids.
My hearing aids are Bluetooth, but won't link up to the Legend.
They will my phone,but don't like them so unpaired them.
This is where I was going. If my aids don't link, and the headphones fit over them, then I think I'll be ok with the all the tones.
I'm not worried about my surroundings. I'm not paranoid, but I don't get into crowds, sit with my back to a door in a restaurant, and I know where the nearest exit is that is not the entrance. Basically I keep my head on a swivel and pay attention to everything. Kinda comes from the military and aircraft maintenance. I inspect and analyze constantly. A little off topic..

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mr Smith I have hearing aids and just take them out and use them. They work good for me
and are LL unlike what you keep pushing. Also if they don't work for them they are out 20 bucks unlike the 90 dollar. I'm just pointing out options.
well you are wrong on what you are saying

the Avantree Taurus are aptX LL if you would go read the specs of the Avantree Taurus you would see that they are Codec aptX LL

here is the Specs for the Avantree Taurus read the Audio Codec Support specs

Torus (NB05)

Superb HD Quality Wearable Speaker, Retractable Earbuds, Light Weight, aptX Low Latency, DSP with 3D Surround Sound​

64 reviews

• Specifications
    Details -
    Bluetooth Version - V5.0
    Audio codec support - aptX-HD, aptX-LL, aptX, FS, SBC
    Bluetooth Profiles - HSP v1.2, HFP v1.7, AVRCP v1.6, A2DP v1.3.1
    Operation Range - Class 2, up to 30 ft / 10m
    Play Time - Speaker up to 8 hrs / Earphone up to 48 hrs
    Standby Time - 260 hrs (Charge time: 3 hrs)
    Product Weight - 0.26 kgs

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fellas.. Let's be civil here please. I want to keep this a discussion, like you would at a barber shop when there's a clipper in your hair or a razor on your neck.
In my case... I have tinnitus and hearing loss in the 3-4.5K range. The aids I am getting are over the ear with a small wire that goes in the canal so as not disturb my low frequency range [that plug type aids will do] which is normal to very acute.
That being said, I don't know the tech specs of the frequency of the higher tones of the Legend I plan on purchasing so I merely wanted to know if it liks up to aids.

This is where I was going. If my aids don't link, and the headphones fit over them, then I think I'll be ok with the all the tones.
I'm not worried about my surroundings. I'm not paranoid, but I don't get into crowds, sit with my back to a door in a restaurant, and I know where the nearest exit is that is not the entrance. Basically I keep my head on a swivel and pay attention to everything. Kinda comes from the military and aircraft maintenance. I inspect and analyze constantly. A little off topic..
I do not know what the 3-4.5K range means but the audiologist I seen said I have severe hearing Loss and I also have severe tinnitus in both ears he said that at 95dB is where my hearing level is best what ever that means, I am trying to not get in a argument with RWP and i know he is also giving other options but he also apparently has never read the specs on the Avantree Taurus which plainly states they do support aptX LL which is what the Legend Bluetooth supports, and yes when you connect them to the Legend there is two little LLs next to the Bluetooth Icon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread